Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
DO NOT PUBLISH NEW PUZZLES HERE ANYMORE USE THIS INSTEAD:
Found on Jan 1 2014
DigitalCombat is posting 3301 videos containing cryptic messages. Worth solving.
- Whoever is solving this use this page: DigitalCombat Cryptic videos
- this came from: #jahbulonian, mp3s are on that site
Found on Jan 2 2014
- backup http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13954125/#13954125
- someone in this thread mentions another Game Jack that was on /b/
Found on Jan 3 2014 Done by Cluosh aka Rorschach
Author of this fake puzzle appologized and made this for us: Cicada 3301 4Chan tracking (Site no longer exists?)
1. This was found on /x/
3. Outguess of image is this message:
- http://pastebin.com/U3SbeDVW or https://infotomb.com/er8nu
- ^outguessed msg from /x/ from 3th jan - Pastebin.com ^
4. PGP Key is not old Cicadas key (but very similar)
5. Here is the key used
- search for cicada 3301 on mit key server
6. transcribed message in Tabs =1 and Spaces =0 in Outguessed message
- <rr645> I got the blankspaces to translate toDataset:17Offset:7919Data:f5bccf9f74111577cf7bbeaff1885617c8489cee64c14f07
- <rr645> Tabs -> 1, Spaces ->0
7. XOR with 560.17 file from 3301.iso from 2013 at the offset yielded an onion address: nlskglcrw6k3pevc.onion
$ dd if=560.17 of=560.17.hex bs=4919 skip=1 $ python -c "import binascii; print(binascii.unhexlify('f5bccf9f74111577cf7bbeaff1885617c8489cee64c14f07'))" > key.hex $ xor -i 560.17.hex -k key.hex -o 560.17.clear
'8. Onion address spewed out an image, outguessing yelded a message contain'ing the Kryptos http://austininc.com/SciRealm/GarysMemorial.html unresolved puzzle
- The onion just dumps its payload over TCP, not valid HTTP payload
- that onion hidden service only served a raw image over http
- it is very non-responsive nao seems to only let one request in
9 The outguessed text from the second onion image is
gpg --verify message.txt
gpg: Signature made Sa 04 Jan 2014 00:04:57 CET using RSA key ID
gpg: Good signature from "Cicada 3301 (845145127)"
Outguessed message: http://pastebin.com/C8U0sBcB
11. Book is :
- THE CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON By Immanuel Kant
- This was possible to guess, and later the book was put on the onion page, the source code of which was the book layout we were supposed to use (Source unknown)
11.5 Pass was guessed:
- Clues of God and fire were searched, Greek God Promethues gave humans fire.
12: Password is: Prometheus
13: Messages on next page:
Patience is a virtue. Try again later.
- later changed to:
Very well. Even after all the Kryptos bullshit you still went on. I would love to tell you a lot about what you know as 3301. More like warn you. Not because 3301 is dangerous. It's not fulfilling. Patience is a virtue.
later changed to:
Very well. Even after all the Kryptos bullshit you still went on. I would love to tell you a lot about what you know as 3301. More like warn you. Not because 3301 is dangerous. It's not fulfilling. First of all.. I am not Cicada. Or not anymore at least. Some refer to me as an individual called Rorschach. I have been inside. I've seen how they work. I know, I haven't gathered much interest as a troll, but tbh, it isn't about arriving at the end, it's about the process of solving. It's the process of solving puzzles that satisfies us not what's at the end. So if I would've made my puzzles harder, there would be no difference to actual 3301 puzzles. And that's what 3301 is all about. The only one to realize this yet, was Wind. What do you think is at 3301's end? A secret organization? Someone powerful? Well wisdom is powerful, but that doesn't necessarily mean 3301 is a powerful organization. Everything that Cicada did can be done by 4chan easily in about a week and you know this. Imagine everyone working on 3301 trying to break Cicada's key. Once the key is broken, there would be no way to verify whether stuff is genuine or not whatsoever. Patience is a virtue.
- Very well. Even after all the Kryptos bullshit you still went on.
- I would love to tell you a lot about what you know as 3301.
- More like warn you. Not because 3301 is dangerous. It's not fulfilling.
- First of all.. I am not Cicada.
- Or not anymore at least. Some refer to me as an individual called Rorschach.
- I have been inside. I've seen how they work.
- I know, I haven't gathered much interest as a troll, but tbh, it isn't about arriving at the end, it's about the process of solving.
- It's the process of solving puzzles that satisfies us not what's at the end.
- So if I would've made my puzzles harder, there would be no difference to actual 3301 puzzles.
- And that's what 3301 is all about.
- The only one to realize this yet, was Wind. What do you think is at 3301's end? A secret organization? Someone powerful? Well wisdom is powerful, but that doesn't necessarily mean 3301 is a powerful organization.
- Everything that Cicada did can be done by 4chan easily in about a week and you know this. Imagine everyone working on 3301 trying to break Cicada's key.
- Once the key is broken, there would be no way to verify whether stuff is genuine or not whatsoever. This year in Cicada needs to be different. They've shown us the very basics of internet cryptography.
- Mainly outguess, PGP and xoring. If they were as powerful as they claim to be, stuff will get harder. And if not , oh well, we can still create our own riddles. This isn't the last you're gonna here from me. Ave atque Vale. Patience is a virtue
- Rorschachs warning pastebin: http://pastebin.com/zH78bL4C
- (Note. "Ave Atque Vale" is the name of a poem:By Gaius Valerius Catullus)
14. After this message onion site was showing numbers.
- Please note, the numbers were randomly generated each time the onion was accessed. The warning originally only told us not to trust Rorschach. It was then changed to tell us not to trust wind (Please read wind articles before questioning in IRC)
15. After numbers we got
Nothing to see here.
'17. And then:'
Kant's Critique of pure reason now displaying on website.
- (full source: http://pastebin.com/RNQBKpmf)
- Nickname R0rsacht loged into #33012103 twice. First before this name was mentioned on onion site from Austrian IP.
- Second time after this nick was alredy popular from US IP
- Rorschach LOGS FROM IRC and IPs
Fake Puzzles found on Jan 4th
Glycerinated fibres from the tymbal muscles of a Brazilian cicada puzzle
1. Get hex from color bar and decode
2. Add to pastebin.org for a link with a new puzzle
3. Replace all numbers with atomic elements
4. All gasses = 0, others = 1, solve (FIX: first and third (of 4) Rads should be actually Radons)
5. Get imgur link (http://i.imgur.com/XlgQJva.png)
6. Color hexes again
7. Shift cipher by 8 get a PM ID
8. PMID is http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/5347716
- Png image ends with ascii: 2-3-5-7-11-23-29 (all primes)
- math: 2-3-5-7-11-23-29 are primes, but 13-17-19 are missing (additive primes, see http://oeis.org/)
- math: 2-3-5-7-11-23-29 = -76
- math: image dimensions 809 x 811 = 656099
- The word Antanarivo (capital of Madagascar) still unused
- Does the PDF at PubMed contain any clues?
- Number of color codes is the same number as number of uppercase letters (there is mistyping in lower sentace)
Jan 4 Later:
/x/ threads on atm:
prinsreens incoming, we need them so we can later find archives on http://archive.4plebs.org/x/https://boards.4chan.org/x/res/13960554
One form /b/ good one:
this years at least use outguess
orig image: http://oi44.tinypic.com/2pq55c9.jpg
0:24 GMT https://nlskglcrw6k3pevc.onion RETURNS
Few minutes later it went down.
Some say that user cluosh from IRC has taken over Rorschachs onion from yesterday.
- highly unlikely (read those two links) (onion name selecting scripts) : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Later he came back:
[02:28] <cluosh> I set up a working cicada tracker here: jm7d2oei2ddzmqu5.onion
- he connects via TOR: --> cluosh (~cicada330@gateway/tor-sasl/cluosh) has joined #33012014
List of Latitude and Longitude coordinates
This list was found late on the 4th. Don't know if its legit. Trying to talk a buddy in Seoul to visit the Korean site. 3 are in Seattle. One is in Warsaw. Two are in Paris. Did not show up on the PGP list.
That is actually a partial copy of the coordinates posted in 2012: see http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/What_Happened_Part_1_(2012)#The_Scary_Bit
MORE THREADS from 4CHANHas outguess:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Your first answer lies within the encrypted text below. CollectionS-Figure32-Sanction3S- 5:1:23 1:4:25 5:8:2 62:23:12 163:15:4 175:12:24 242:14:11 1:5:15 Good luck -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux) iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJSyLzzAAoJEKO1bWx6EvX2LpsP/3/IDC7wA4lvAIBU7tUspGZz 6Uo+afIMXPmY/DCNwhsp/IntP8U61raiAkbu2ENGy2WqCpx47XuAweLx6oRkrAif 8TF1IVZnTp00ePBd8IZ4BUFOsla7pn6xGWUgLtol5SKdZDtdxcJeLArFDMsKYrns WhJ9TztkcWzA29EXCuB29OtfmvSlT4jWsFYjT1/wHN2EcHj3uJjghI5C2j7pv59I vI8sxNIDwzeOAUSfNbO1H9mRk2aJXPATnEW2MpoGW3Mms1Kal0738U/SqoYyC0wF ZlV2WipNtfvexVxRLyU0iiZqjyelLEYyXXEprVaxMcvYqIwm1gRG5EedIFX0gAvu ARhZioAcNbdSJ3TWhlNG/yxO3hSbN6OuF2YplXE+IzkTtYE2GGF3Ooh9NuKsEVlC PFAQHQBzc/PmmPmSL64MR54wNSFd+AB6i2N/SgUXgG1zgXMIYwKO4rr+pnisqEsm 31MVDdh4q1A6yo3RbE8HLCMFfYLATtE5knFrHEOPbTCEpJ+eBMtH4LjWGg19ToGq fLsU/VIaHHADgOZ+uqGS5k4HDpArmN2c5Xd26vCLkNMaD8wQ/6czt3y5owb/dZpV L8UBP4f4kAp6c9xapC6y0INp4Xmin1VjpVl2iR1ikoyjabpdVhtMr4bbPXJPooGe jI9bIJCiQlWJCLLVfutZ =26Yh -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Strange Unknown PGP signature: http://prntscr.com/2go2gl
I cant Key with that ID on mit server. 0xA3B56D6C7A12F5F6
Same as in OutGuessed_message_from_rune_table
Tabs=1 Space = 0
use http://home.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/ and you get:
Here is your clue. Let the Going Parallel guide you BESIDE ONESELF. 307311313,313317331,317331337,353359367,359367373,383389397,389397401. Good luck.
Googling first line we get:
Googling second line with numbers (primes, each made up of 3 sequential concatenated primes)
- Twitter account above later posted link to this explanation: http://pastebin.com/QQ5h78pT
- smells trolly
- http://jason.sx/33012014/cicada.txt it was troll
- --> "Do things left alone and clues never found change over time, or are they simply as static as ends never tied?"
--> This quote was from September 25th, 2013: 14:05 < Wind> Do things left alone and clues never found change over time, or are they simply as static as ends never tied? --> Is Wind a member of 3301?
- CICADA WOULD NEVER USE WINDS MESSAGE IN INITIAL CLUE
- The signature used is the same as the one which appeared in the rune table . It exploits the PGP whitespace bug to create a fake message.