October 2013 /x/ threads:
Wed Oct 02 2013 05:36:20
Quoted By: >>13508292 >>13508459 >>13507507 Cicada 3301 is, perhaps, the most dangerous organization the world has ever known. They are smart, large, well-funded, and very dedicated. The level of loyalty among their members approaches fanaticism. They're not really occult like the leaker said. But it is somewhat similar to a religion in the sense that they provide a way to change -- to transform yourself. To take yourself to the next level. The next evolutionary step. Beyond yourself. Beyond your society. Beyond your own existence. Past all and into enlightenment. As soon as a person reaches that level they are snatched up (not all go willingly, although most do). They are dangerous, because they will usher in the demise of society as we know it. They are wonderful because what they bring in to replace it will be far superior. In the mean time, they watch us all quietly. Waiting for us to achieve the enlightenment they try to lead us towards. And when we do, we disappear. To join the latest brood, and to move forward at last.
This is also interesting: http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13507507/#q13508959
there were similar PGP messages found on patsebin:
Pictures of CICADA 3301 sticker we found on /x/ in october:
Cicada 3301 is showing up on 4chan periodically evry few weeks.
Sombody posted two pictures of stickers with cicada symbol. One was lledegyl taken from islandia another one from flordia.
Link to similar ticle in wiki: http://uncovering-cicada.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cicada_Sticker
And archived thread where posts are copied from.
Here are all link to archived threads with those photos:
Added on 25.9.2013:
NEW VISIT BY WIND:
Few days ago wind was in channel again, IP matched:
Wind hinted that arg 77days and 3301 could be connected. But they probabyl are NOT.
At same time there was /x/ trhead suggestign same thing. We dont know if tha thread was made by wind or did wind saw it and decide to stop in our channel.
15:38 -!- Wind [18f7814e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.184.108.40.206] has joined #33012013 15:38 < Wind> Hello. 15:45 < Wind> Why are you all still here?
More in logs: http://spiers.usr.sh:808/%2333012013.log
Basicly wind quoted few things from 77days. Mentioned team.forsvarsmakten.se/english/ as part of sequrity question. IP was from Traverse City as usual.
She mildly trolled us with quotes like:
15:45 < Wind> Why are you all still here? 15:58 < Wind> A lot has happened since my last visit.
16:13 < Wind> Change. 16:15 < Wind> ------------- 21:14 < Wind_> ce5. 21:15 < Wind_> -------------
20:50 < NiceLurk> >Cicada 3301, a secret society 20:52 < Wind_> A society of 10 is hardly a society at all. 20:54 < masso> why only 10? 20:56 < Wind_> Only 10 exist. 20:24 < Wind_> What is the difference between a tree and a ball of twine? 20:25 < asqw> what is the difference between Wind and Cicada 3301? 20:26 < Wind_> Wind whispers to all. 14:05 < Wind> Do things left alone and clues never found change over time, or are they simply as static as ends never tied?
At same time she was logged in channel ##77days usign nick Alice__
18:15 < hitsujiTMO> /whowas wind 18:15 < NiceLurk> [00:15] === Wind 18f7814e gateway/web/freenode/ip.220.127.116.11 * 18.104.22.168 - http://webchat.freenode.net 18:16 < NiceLurk> /whowas alice__ 18:16 < NiceLurk> [00:16] === Alice__ 18f7814e gateway/web/freenode/ip.22.214.171.124 * 126.96.36.199 - http://webchat.freenode.net
Few posts related to wind:
20:24 < borken> (6:05:35 PM) Wind: Everything comes to an end. 20:24 < borken> (6:05:39 PM) Wind: ------------- 20:11 < thearrowflies_> wind was a troll, right? 20:15 < borken> dunno 20:15 < borken> she talks quite a bit like the talk i had 2 years ago with her 20:16 < borken> but I did get this out of her. 20:16 < borken> (5:38:51 PM) borken: So are you on shift, or are you here of your own volition and interest, independant of direction from above? 20:16 < borken> (5:39:35 PM) Wind: I am here on my own agenda. 20:16 < borken> is that pasting html still? 20:17 < thearrowflies_> no 20:17 < thearrowflies_> the wiki said she was a troll 20:17 -!- thearrowflies_ is now known as thearrowflies 20:18 < borken> Doesn't matter what the wiki says. 20:18 < borken> The wiki is full of disinformation to throw followers off the trail. 20:19 < thearrowflies> ah 20:19 < borken> Be your own determining factor. 20:19 < borken> "3301 seeks self motivated people" 20:20 < thearrowflies> what exactly, or as exact as you can get, is 3301? 20:20 < borken> Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know. 20:21 < borken> That is the sum of 3301. 20:21 < thearrowflies> I have this thought that its just recruiting for something rather lackluster 20:21 < thearrowflies> If it was anything major, I don't think they'd be recruiting so publicly 20:24 < borken> (6:05:35 PM) Wind: Everything comes to an end. 20:24 < borken> (6:05:39 PM) Wind: -------------
Some older Winds IPs:
[23:32] ->> wind is 602a99b6@n0v4-9DB6A6F.dhcp.trcy.mi.charter.com (n0v4 qWebIRC)
[04:20] <Anon7> wind, what's it like in Michigan? [04:20] <wind> No, we aren't. [04:20] <Anon7> You are. [04:20] <wind> I'm not in Michigan, it's a fake IP.
18:03 < NiceLurk> [03:42] == wind [602a99b6@n0v4-9DB6A6F.dhcp.trcy.mi.charter.com] 18:03 < NiceLurk> Wind (602aa30a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.188.8.131.52) 18:03 < NiceLurk> this are winds previous IPs
ON Sept 10th somebody posted two interesting posts in thread: Pastebin of whole thread: http://pastebin.com/HeHmGqv6
Anonymous 09/09/13(Mon)13:48 No.13396728Replies: >>13396733 Cicada 3301 is an interesting phenomenon. Are they a hacker group? A religion? A weird Pythagorean-esque cult? An ARG? A joke? I've been looking into them for years now. I've even talked to people who "made it," and I'm not any farther than I was years ago.
Here's what I've learned:
- Even after making it, you have to truly prove yourself as an individual to get anywhere. And they'll kick you out if they even think you are a security risk.
- Their structure and beliefs are accurately described in the infamous Cicada Warning document. Some people believe it really was a leak. Some people think it was a fake leak. Some think it was fake altogether. Either way, multiple people who "made it" confirmed that a lot of the info contained was accurate.
- They are very good at what they do. Which suggests a level of professional training beyond what people get in the "civilian" world. Many of the higher-up members seem to be former intelligence officers.
- They have their hands in information security, and international relations. They may even be involved with the TED conferences.
- One of their leaders goes by the alias "magicicada," the genus of 13- and 17-year periodical cicadas. magicicada seems to mastermind a lot of Cicada 3301 operations.
- They tell new recruits that their goal is to improve freedom around the world.
- They do a lot of weird shit with prime numbers, cryptography, and ancient mystery stuff. Like Aleister Crowley.
- They apparently try to "hack" reality, like they would hack computers. By making small changes that result in larger changes. (Not sure of a specific example, but this is what one person who had made it told me after he got kicked out.)
- They seem to have a large and international presence. They seem to be very well funded.
- They seem to have serious scholars in other areas than security and cryptography. Even including philosophy, art, diplomacy, etc.
- There could be a military connection. Or an NSA connection. But it seems more like people in NSA or military joined. Not that the NSA or military created Cicada. Which is consistent with the "good at what they do" point.
I hope that helps you guys. I originally thought it was some kind of ARG. Now I'm pretty sure it's a legit secret society. Although, I have no clue what the hell they're trying to accomplish. Or who they are. Or where they came from. Or anything else.
Another interesting post:
Anonymous 09/11/13(Wed)00:01 No.13404677 Replies: >>13405108 I won in 2013. I am now a member. I can't really say much about it, other than it's pretty insane. They'd excommunicate me if they even saw me claim to be "in" in public.
The puzzles did finish this year. I got an email, which led to more and more personalized puzzles. So you're right, it is over. For now.
Everybody just needs to wait until 2014 to see... This next one is supposed to be the "final" one, and will is supposed to reveal something even greater.